Skora


Thursday, November 29, 2012

Out of the woods...

Here is my first blog. Who is this person you may ask, but probably not cause you probably know me if you are reading this. Tall, gangly, hairy, typical sasquatch traits. Hence the name. I have a new found love of running. Love sports in general. Video games enteratin me (or give me aneurisms, not sure which or how to differentiate). Books, music, movies, rum are all good things as well. I have 2 squatchlings, and an ex-squatch as well.
I will say, running has been amazing. About 2 years ago a buddy o mine joined me in a little friendly competition on who could lose more weight. What happened next was probably considered a felony in some states. For some odd reason, an angry black man yelling at us to dig deeper seemed like a good idea (Insanity, it will destroy you, in a good way). That was good enough for the time being. It did its job, weight was lost, there was much rejoicing. Then my son came along, sympathy eating happened, weigh was gained. Well, it was time to put the fork back down and get back into shape, again. So I picked up running. Got me some mizuno wave rider 15s and started hitting it. Well, at first, 20 minutes was a damn eternity and 1.76 miles was like driving across the country. Well. Now, It would seem that 80lbs has been taken from me, and 1 hr ain't so bad and 8 miles is a solid run. I highly recommend the hobby. Watch out for dogs though, they bite.
So that seems like a good place to start. i hope to use this for something productive, just have no idea what yet. Maybe i will figure it out sometime.
Raaawwwwwwrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment