Skora


Friday, November 30, 2012

Mornings, motorcycles, and minature sasquatches

So they say those days you don't want to get up and run is the days you really should, it's the most rewarding. Hmm, I can personally vouch at being awake at 5:30, not wanting to get up, not being able to fall asleep and huffing it outside to run. Thankfully it wasn't kick you in the nuts cold outside, cause really, it's already kick you in the nuts early out, and we don't need another kick. Speaking of kicks, I still continue to be amazed at the difference good shoes make. If you are running, thinking about it, fearing it, avoiding it like a, well, kick to the nuts, I highly recommend have a gait analysis and some shoes recommended. It will rock your world like this. Anyways, off I went, and, I must say, coming home to the sun rising is pretty nice. So that was the motivational moment for the day cause it was all downhill from there.

Rant of the Day: So I am driving to work today and on the radio I hear a commercial for motorcycles, fair enough, seems to be the wrong season, but go on. It keeps mentioning owning the road and freedom. Wait a minute, let me get this straight, a powered bicycle is owning the road? So, when that semi you are weaving in and out of hits you, who owns what road? And freedom of what? Driving? I am pretty sure I can do that too. I am sure there is a certain exhilaration of have wind slap you driving around, but what are you free from? Doors? Protective devices to save you from moron drinking coffee in his Camry over there not paying attention? I better continue before I get more confused

Work, it happened. Moving on.

Now, I consider myself in some semblance of shape, but put two small children around me, and watch me crumble like ARod in the post-season. They need fitness classes for taking care of children. Seriously, has this been invented yet? Like 20 reps of bathtub dips, 10 reps of double child squats, 10 reps of run to the potty sprints, 5 reps of intense vigorous scolding, and round it out with 30 seconds chasing kids away from the outlets. Pretty sure this is a lost Insanity disc.

Oh well, maybe some video games with smooth out the end of the day...shhh just don't remind I am what the Spaniards call, el terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment